Banana Nutella Toast

I'm not really a breakfast person. Well, what I should really say is I'm not really a going out for breakfast/brunch person. I grew up having my dad as the master of all breakfast foods, so when I go out to breakfast I am always disappointed.

Since I have about 10-12 minutes to make and eat breakfast every weekday morning, I usually rotate between cereal (I only eat Honey Bunches of Oats: Cinnamon Bunches), egg whites with jalapenos and hot sauce (never too early for spice), and a protein shake (chocolate peanut butter protein, water, ice, and half a banana).

I really try to stay away from donuts or anything overly sugared and overly sweet. However, when I do crave something that resembles this description, I have an easy, semi-healthy, go-to breakfast.

Cinnamon Sugar Banana Nutella Toast

Ingredients:
2 Slices of multi-grain bread (or 1 multi-grain Arnold Sandwich Thin, as I prefer)
2 Tbl Nutella
1 Banana
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sugar

Directions:
Spread 1 tablespoon of Nutella on each slice of bread and place on top of the toaster oven, not inside (you want it warm and soft, not actually toasted). Slice a banana into 1/4 inch thick circular pieces (like in the picture) and place on a piece of tin foil. Sprinkle the bananas with the cinnamon followed by the sugar. Put the bananas in a toaster oven (with the bread still on top) and toast on medium or for about 4-5 minutes. If you do not have a toaster oven, you can take a regular toaster, turn it on it's side, and boom you have something very similar to a toaster oven! As soon as the time has passed, place the banana slices evenly on top of the toast. You can make it into a sandwich if you'd like, but I prefer to eat it open faced.


Nutrition Facts:
Calories: 425 (worth it)
Total fat: 12.4g
Sodium: 241g
Carbohydrates: 75.8g
Fiber: 10.3g
Sugars: 41.6g
Protein: 9.3g

Enjoy :)


Popular Posts