Southwest Turkey Meatloaf

Meatloaf has a bad reputation. Most likely because it's literally a bread-shaped meat monstrosity that became popular in the US during World War II. I'm sorry meatloaf, but I must make you delicious, creative, and proud. I basically used my recipe for southwest turkey burgers with a little twist.


Southwest Turkey Meatloaf
Sorry about this. I got hungry so I cut the loaf in half to take a picture.

Ingredients (Serves 6):
1 lb ground turkey (I used 93% lean since it tastes better than the 99%)
1/2 of a red onion, diced
3 Tbl diced pickled jalapenos
8 cherry tomatoes, diced (or 1 small tomato)
1/2 cup black beans
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 egg
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (I used GF panko since I had it on hand)
2 tsp yellow mustard
2 tsp hot sauce (I used original Cholula)
1 Tbl cumin
1 Tbl paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
s+p

Directions:
Heat oven to 350ยบ. Mix everything except for 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese into a large mixing bowl. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray. Form meat mixture into a large log shape on the baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes. When you have 10 minutes remaining, take the loaf out and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. 


Enjoy :)


Nutrition Facts (per 1/6 of a loaf):
Calories: 285
Fat: 16.6g
Cholesterol: 101.7mg
Sodium: 295.2mg
Carbohydrates: 13.5g
Protein: 18.6g

Popular Posts