Pulled Beef Enchiladas

Oh hey crock pot, I missed you.

Our family sort of repeats the same recipes over and over again (I mean they are delicious, so I'm not complaining). However, I like to switch it up occasionally and try something new that could possibly go into our rotation. I mentioned to my mom that we should make enchiladas since they are easy and yummy.

Here's how I made them:


Pulled Beef Enchiladas
1 1/2 lbs beef (I used London Broil)
1-2 medium onions; chopped (Spanish or white, whatever you have)
2 cloves garlic; minced
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika (if you only have the regular kind, that's fine)
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 10oz can diced tomatoes
1 10oz can of red or green enchilada sauce (I used Old El Paso)
6 whole wheat tortillas (I use Ole' Xtreme Wellness 8")
1 cup of cheese, divided

Mix together all of your spices and rub on both sides of the meat (our meat was divided in two). For better flavor, refrigerate overnight. Add the meat to the bottom of your crock pot, followed by the onions, garlic, and tomatoes. Cook either on low 8-10 hours, or high 4-5 hours.When it is done, pull apart with two forks to shred.

Use any rectangular pan with high sides to bake your enchiladas. In each tortilla, place meat, some enchilada sauce, and a sprinkle of cheese. Roll them up and place each tortilla seam side down in the pan. When all of them are in the pan, spread the remaining sauce and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Bake at 350ยบ for 25 minutes or until the cheese gets bubbly and the tortillas turn a golden brown.

Nutrition Facts for 1 enchilada:
Calories: 379 per serving
Total Fat: 13.9g
Cholesterol: 79.8mg
Sodium: 1,466mg
Carbohydrates: 30.9g
Protein: 37.9g


Enjoy :)

Popular Posts