Mexican Breakfast Pita Pizza

I make pita pizzas all the time for dinner but decided to try out a breakfast pizza this morning!


Mexican Breakfast Pita Pizza


Ingredients (Serves 2):
2 Pita Pockets (I suggest Joseph's 60 calorie pita)
2 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
2 eggs
1 avocado, sliced (optional)
4 thin slices of deli ham
1 tsp taco seasoning
Sriracha (optional)
S+P
Chili Powder
Butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Microwave 2oz of cream cheese for 20 seconds, add taco seasoning, and mix well. Spread this mixture on the pita.

Cut the ham into bite seized pieces and disperse evenly over the cream cheese. Top with cheddar and bake for 10 minutes.

While your pita is in the oven, cook your eggs however you would like. I prefer over easy, so this is how I did it: I turned my pan to medium heat and added a pad of butter. I cracked the egg into the pan once the butter started to bubble and cooked for 1 minute on the first side, (on until the whites are just set) and about 30 seconds on the second side. I topped my egg with salt, pepper, and chili powder.

For over medium, cook the egg for 2 minutes on the first side and a minute and a half on the other.

For over hard, cook the egg for 2 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes once you flip.

Once you have your eggs cooked and pitas out of the oven, it's time to assemble! Place the egg in the center of the pizza and spread sliced avocado on top of that. Drizzle sriracha if you desire, and cut into 4 equal sized slices.


Enjoy :)

Popular Posts